Take part in a unique hands-on development experience and surround yourself with a peer group of leaders from the startup community.
The Fellowship coaching program brings together operational leaders from a diverse mix of startups across Australia & New Zealand. Leaders from pre-seed stage companies, through to Series D+ and publicly listed companies. From medtech to SaaS to edtech to marketplaces. From first-time managers to established C-level executives.
As top operators in the startup ecosystem, Coaches are well positioned to mentor the Fellows as they have experience in their field whilst also developing their leadership capability and building their own network outside of their organisation.
Is this you?
In order to provide the best experience for all involved, Startmate maintains a high bar for participation as a coach in terms of both industry experience and motivation for involvement. The best coaches bring a pay-it-forward attitude to supporting their fellow's development, as well as a hunger to learn themselves.
Find out more about what we're looking for in a Coach
- Be a (either functional or Talent/People focused): ◦ Head of / Director looking to move into the Senior Leadership Team OR ◦ VP/Chief early in your C-level journey OR ◦ Working at a VC fund.
- Currently be responsible for a team / a people manager.
- Have a demonstrated interest in developing others and are looking to further developing your skills in this.
- Be willing to devote 30min catchup/fortnight with paired Fellow over an 8-week period (min 3 catchups) as part of the Fellowship program (either Sept - Nov or Mar - May).
- Be looking for a network of peers to learn with.
Why be a coach?
Peer and Mentor network
Join an exclusive network of Australian startup operators who will be your support network. Meet peers in your function from other startups, and Startmate’s Mentors.
Access to rising talent
Get an inside look at a unique talent pool, ripe for hiring through the Fellowship program - 100 vetted women ready to join a rocketship startup every 6 months
Coaching experience and industry kudos
Get an official Startmate Coach title with hands on coaching experience to develop your leadership skills in another setting.
Ready to step forward and support the next wave of startup talent?
We onboard new coaches on a six-monthly basis, in alignment with the start of each cohort. To express your interest in getting involved, complete this form and we will be in touch when the screening process commences.